Wow! I can’t believe Arjun is a whole 9 months! The same duration as I was pregnant .. 9 months in 9 months out!
We’ve known each other a whole 18 months where the first 9 months only we shared a special bond that we understood. Such a personal bond – just him and I. Where he relied on me to keep him alive and I relied on him to keep me going.
The last 9 months have flown by. I can’t believe he’s almost a year old. It’s crazy. But still my baby takes comfort in the sound of my heartbeat – the same heartbeat that used to comfort him when he was inside me. The bond between a mother and child is indescribable so I won’t even try. I find it so overwhelming.
9 months feels like a huge milestone especially as this month we’ve noticed the most change in Arjun – it’s crazy how quick he’s developing! Soon he’ll be towering over me … Ok maybe I’m getting a bit ahead of my self but you get the picture!!
We celebrated by spending the day at his Dadaji and Dadijis and he had his first home baked baby cake which his Dadiji kindly baked. I layered it with peanut butter “icing”. So basically a peanut butter banana cake!
Arjun at 9 months
- He has started clapping – his favourite time seems to be when he’s on the toilet!
- He’s now standing up in his cot
- He’s now crawling!
- We had our first Mother’s Day
- He went to listen to Simran at the Gurdwara at 4am for the first time
- He definitely knows his name!
- He met his first baby brother, Rajan
- He is now sipping from a straw
- His favourite programmes on Baby TV are Billy and Bambam and Kenny and Goorie
- He still loves dogs
- His main sounds are currently “baba” and “doodoo” and I think he’s first word is “yes”!
- He loves the colour green
- He cries if you take his tooth brush off him!
- He loves all things tech – laptop, tv remote and phones! Techno geek in the making!
- He still has separation anxiety with daddy
- He loves playing baby sensory with all things around the house – his favourite at the moment are the sensor lights!
- He loves other children and babies
- He loves his ball pit
Some of the new foods he’s tried this month include:
- Corn on cob
- Bean quesadilla
- Peanut butter
- Parmesan cheese
- Cottage cheese