I spontaneously came up with this recipe by incorporating some of Arjun’s favourite foods – bananas and raisins. They are super quick and super easy to make and are full of nourishing goodness and Arjun loved them!
Time taken: 20 minutes
Makes: 15 cookies
- Two handfuls of rolled oats
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons raisins
1. Pre heat the oven to 180c. Using a food blender, grind the rolled oats so they are a powdery texture. If you don’t want to grind them, leave them whole but you may require a little self raising flour to help bind the mixture better.
2. Mix in the the cinnamon and honey and work the mashed banana in slowly to ensure a dough like consistency is achieved. Mix in the raisins.
3. Roll out the dough gently. It may be a little sticky due to the bananas so use some flour to line the surface before doing so.
4. Use a cookie cutter to cut in to desired shapes – we used transport cutters. Place on a lined baking tray and bake for 15 minutes on 180c or until lightly browned.
5. Leave to cool for 10 minutes before serving.