Arjun’s Dadi Ji decided it was time to make homemade play doh just like she used to for Preetam and his siblings.
It was really nice to hear old stories about Preetam and his siblings and how they used to play when little while mum made the play doh. It was nice watching his mum make something for her grandson while reminiscing about her own time when her children were younger.
I’m really glad our parents get to relive that time with the benefit of not having to deal with around the clock nappy changes and sleepless nights! Haha!
Here is the recipe for homemade play doh shared by Arjun’s Dadi Ji x
Makes: 4 pieces
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon cream of tartar
- 4 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red food colouring
- 1 teaspoon orange food colouring
- 1 teaspoon blue food colouring
- 1 teaspoon green food colouring
- Mix all the ingredients apart from the food colouring in a pan over a medium heat until it forms a dough like texture.
- Once formed, remove the dough from the pan and knead with your knuckles and split the dough in to four pieces and work in the different food colouring to each piece of dough.