For Mother’s Day, I had planned on not cooking very much for the afternoon tea we were hosting. I know I know, lazy right? I was still pretty shattered from coming back from holiday and returning straight back to work. I had planned on relying on Marks & Spencer’s for all our goodies but unfortunately I’d left it a day too late and one of my favourite items – their cheese and onion muffins, weren’t available! So I tasked myself with coming up with my own recipe!
I was super proud of myself – they went down an absolute treat! I hope you enjoy them as much as we did! They tasted just like the Marks & Spencer’s version!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Makes: 40 mini muffins
- 100ml olive oil
- 100ml full fat milk
- 2 tablespoons plain greek yoghurt
- 300g self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon English mustard powder
- 160g grated mature cheddar
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- A small bunch of snipped chives
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 250g full fat soft cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 25g parmesan
- Heat the oven to 180c and oil a muffin tin. Alternatively, use a silicon muffin tray like I did and there’s no need to grease 🙂
- Whisk the oil, milk and yoghurt together.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the flour, salt, mustard powder, oregano, cheddar cheese, spring onions, chives and ½ the parmesan. You’ll already be able to start smelling the yummy goodness!
- Use a large spoon and gently fold in the wet ingredients in to the dry. Mix in the soft cheese lightly. The mixture should have a wet dough like consistency.
If you’ve enjoyed reading this post, then please vote for us in the MAD Blog Awards, it takes 30 seconds and here’s how:
2) Enter your name and email address
3) Select “Baby Brain Memoirs” in the Best Preschool Blog category (third one down)
4) Scroll down and hit “Submit”
Thank you xxx