I’ve had lots and lots of requests for this recipe since I posted a picture of them online earlier, so here it is!
It was the first time my sister and I decided to experiment with these and they turned out absolutely delicious! As we were preparing the mixture, I knew exactly how I wanted them to taste. Similar to the famous Starbucks Nutella cookies but a whole lot better. We were definitely not disappointed … The soft cookie oozing with gooey Nutella goodness was DIVINE!
Prep time taken: 10 minutes
Makes: 20 cookies
- 250g butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 cups rolled oats (porridge oats are fine)
- Preheat oven to 180c and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Mix the butter and brown and white sugar. Beat till light and fluffy.
- Add the plain flour and salt and mix well. Don’t be afraid to use your hands – the warmth of your hands will help bind the dough.
- Dissolve the baking powder in the boiling water and add to the mixture and vanilla essence.
- Mix in the oats until you achieve a dough like consistency.
- Use a tablespoon to portion out the biscuit mixture. Roll each tablespoon of dough in to a ball and flatten so it is about 4cm in diameter. Flatten the middle to make a little dip. Spoon in a teaspoon of Nutella and use a tiny amount of dough to cover and lightly seal.
- Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Leave to cool and voila!