- Use sound reducing headphones on your baby for take off and landing – we use our Bose ones.
- Give baby Calpol half hour before the flight to help manage ear popping pain.
- Feed baby a bottle of milk on take off and landing – the sucking motion helps un-pop their ears.
- Take spare food just incase you don’t get early check in – it makes the situation a whole lot easier to deal with when you’re tired from a flight! Of course this depends on the time of your arrival.
- Take a blanket that smells like home – the comforting smell of home helps baby fall asleep easier.
- Take a surprise toy so they are entertained.
- Download some of their favourite shows on to your phone/iPad so they can watch a little during the flight.
- Keep them in comfy clothes – we always stick to baby grows for flights.
- Take extra milk with you just incase!
These things worked wonders on our first holiday with Arjun – here’s to hoping they work this time too!
Let me know if you have any others?