A few of you have asked me to post my holiday packing list for Arjun. Remember though that it depends on the age of your child and also the destination and duration.
This packing list is for our holiday to Dubai for ten nights when Arjun will be 7.5 months old.
We didn’t take a car seat as the hotel provided us with one.
Here goes …
Hand Luggage (we use a carry on suit case plus Arjun’s change bag)
· Vaseline (we use this instead of nappy rash cream)/nappy rash cream
· Nappy bags
· Portable change mat
· Change of clothes x 2
· Sterilised bottles – we will be taking 4 for a 6.5 hour flight
· Gaviscon – Arjun has reflux
· Beaker with water
· Meal pouches – with some extra incase of flight delay/late check in
· Arjun snacks – we will take some biscuits and Organix sweetcorn rings and Organix carrot sticks
· Weaning bibs
· First aid kit
· A few Calpol sachets
· A few Nurofen sachets
· Ashton’s and Parsons teething powder
· His favourite book – Animal Farm
· His favourite teddy – currently Henry Hugglemonster
· A surprise toy – one that he hasn’t seen yet
· Water filled teether – his favourite at the moment
· Antibacterial hand gel
· A spare plastic bag for keeping dirty clothes/bibs/muslins in
Check in Luggage
· Calpol sachets
· Nurofen sachets
· Baby talc
· Ashtons & Parsons teething powder
· Waterproof plasters
· A change mat – the Poundland ones are brilliant for things like this! (My Golden Little Nuggets)
· Vaseline/change cream
· Nappy bags
· Baby float
· Swim wear
· Swim hat
· Swim nappies
· Towelling robes
· Swim toys
· Hair brush
· Face cream – we use Weleda
· Nail cutter
· Cotton buds
· Massage oil
· Feeding bowls – although with pouches you can feed from directly
· Snack pots
· Weaning bibs
· Ready made pouches – although Arjun is on solids, we will be taking pouches for convenience. For example sometimes Preetam and I don’t have lunch on holiday (after a hefty breakfast) so taking a pouch would be easy as Arjun would still need to eat.
· Baby snacks – biscuits and baby crisps. We will use fresh fruit when there.
· Steriliser – we use a cold water steriliser with Milton sterilising tablets. Hotels are generally happy to provide you with a steriliser provided you ask in advance. I just prefer taking our own.
· Milton sterilising tablets
· Bottle brush
· Fairy liquid to wash bottles and bowls – I take a little in a travel sized bottle
· Sleeping bag
· Blankets – that smell of home
· Snooze shade
· A few favourite toys
· Baby carrier
· Travel pushchair – our one is the Baby Zen YoYo
· Short sleeve vests – we barely used them last time we went as it was so hot there was no need
· Sleeveless vests – I just love how cute these look with shorts!
· Short rompers – perfect for the heat. I’m taking five this time for ten days. I wish I had more but can’t justify spending more on summer clothes when he’s only going to get to wear them in Dubai!
· Baby grows – we only used these for bed time
· A shirt – he’ll probably only dress semi smart one night for our anniversary!
· Polo shirts – for slightly smarter wear
· Cardigan/Jumper for the breezier nights
· Shorts – taking five pairs
· Joggers – for lounging in the room
· Jeans – for the cooler nights
· Going home outfit
· Pram suit for coming home
· Sun hats – I love fisherman hats!
· Shoes – even though he can’t walk, I’m a sucker for cute things!
· Laundry bags
Other bits that you may need (depending on your little one/destination):
· Breast pump
· Nipple cream
· Breast pads
· Feeding cover
· Bath support
· Car seat
And, don’t forget baby’s PASSPORT! J
I hope you find this useful! Let me know if I’ve missed anything! x