This is my Quorn chicken curry recipe which I posted on Instagram a little while ago! Those that have tried it, have often been surprised that it’s not actual chicken. I’ve never tasted chicken, so I wouldn’t know! It’s a yummy curry and it’s super quick and easy to make and it’s also healthy and contributes to your protein intake. Quorn is low in fat and high in protein which is great for vegetarians and it comes in many forms.
To make the baby friendly version, simply omit the salt and green chilli and chop the chicken pieces in to smaller chunks. This is one of Arjun’s favourite Indian dishes.
Time taken: 20 minutes
- 450g Quorn chicken style pieces
- ¾ tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 green chillies
- 1 large white onion
- 5 cloves of garlic
- A 4cm piece of ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (haldi)
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- A generous handful of coriander
- Peel and chop the onion in to large sections and place in a food blender along with the peeled garlic and ginger and blitz.
- In a large deep pan, shallow fry the cumin on medium heat for 30-60 seconds until brown but be careful to not burn them. Add the onions, garlic and ginger to the pan and cook until golden brown.
- Blitz the chopped tomatoes and add to the pan once ready. Cook on medium heat stiring until you see little bubbles at the sides of the pan.
- Blitz the green chillies and add to the mixture. Also add in the salt, red chilli and turmeric. Stir well for a few minutes.
- Add in the Quorn chicken style pieces and coat with the gravy generously.
- Add in boiled water to achieve the desired consistency.
- Add in the garam masala and chopped coriander and cover and leave to boil for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally.