OMG. Heaven on a plate. This was absolutely delicious and my favourite Nutella dessert to date! It was my first time making it and I was a little apprehensive that it wouldn’t work given I was modifying an amalgamation of several recipes plus with the added complication of making it eggless. But it turned out perfect and our friends loved it too! I hope you love it just as much as we did!
It was like a party in my mouth … the gorgeous gooey Nutella goodness with a scrummy cookie crunch.
Time taken: 15 minutes prep, 30 minutes cooking time
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/8 cup sparkling water
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped up milk chocolate (I used dairy milk)
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- A pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 180c and line a 8″ round baking tray with baking paper. I used a silicon tray but still lined with baking paper as it made it easier to lift the cookie.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, white sugar, softened butter, vanilla essence, bicarbonate of soda, salt, flour. Add in the sparkling water and mix till you get a cookie dough like texture.
3. Once combined, line half of the broken up chocolate pieces in the baking tray and take half the cookie dough mixture and spoon in to the tray distributing evenly with the back of a spoon or with your fingers.
4. Melt the Nutella in the microwave at full heat for 30 seconds.
5. Pour the Nutella over the cookie dough in the baking tray but leave an inch around the edges.
6. Finally, pat out the remaining cookie dough in your hand to the largest circle you can before placing over the Nutella and evenly distribute using the back of a spoon or your fingers. Then distribute the remaining chocolate chunks evenly over the top.
7. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes and cool for 10 minutes before serving.