I’ve been meaning to try these for a while. I love toad in the hole and I wanted to create an egg free recipe. Although the Quorn cocktail sausages do contain egg, you can substitute for a different sausage.
This recipe is super quick and easy especially as the Quorn cocktail sausages don’t need to be cooked beforehand. They tasted delicious – so warm and comforting and the sprinkle of Rosemary is a must to get a hearty taste.
Arjun loved eating them accompanied with cheesy mash and baked beans!
Makes: 4 mini toad in the holes
Time taken: 5 minutes preparation time, 20 minutes cooking time
- 3 heaped spoon plain flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sparkling water
- 1 tablespoon Luke warm water
- 1 teaspoon dry chopped Rosemary
- 2 quorn cocktail sausages (or sausage of your choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- Oil (if you don’t have a silicon baking muffin tin)
1. Preheat oven to 200c.
2. Mix together the plain flour, Rosemary, sparkling water and luke warm water in a mixing bowl.
3. Stir in the water and mix until you achieve a consistency similar to that of single cream. Stir in the butter.
4. Chop the cocktail sausages in to 4 slices and place 2 slices in each muffin tin (if you are not using a silicon one then grease before hand) and pour the batter in to each tin covering the sausage slices
Serving suggestion: homemade cheesy mash, steamed broccoli and baked beans
Plate can be purchased Here (available in three different colours).
For more information about our vegetarian weaning journey, click here.
If you’ve enjoyed reading my blog, then we’d be grateful for your continued support by voting for us to win the “Best Pre School Blog” category in the MAD Blog Awards, it takes 30 seconds to vote! 🙂 : VOTE HERE
Disclaimer: as when trying any new foods with your baby that you may be unsure about, please check with your health visitor first.