Here’s my recipe for super healthy vegetarian sunshine fritters which I posted on Instagram a few weeks ago.
Arjun really enjoyed these and I hope your little ones do too! It’s super quick and easy to make. These vegetarian fritters are packed full of lots of goodness including good carbs, protein and vegetables.
Time taken: 10 minutes
- 350g Sweet potato and butternut squash (I use Tesco’s pre cubed sweet potato and butternut squash mix)
- 4 tablespoons mixed beans (I use Tesco’s four bean salad)
- 2 carrots shredded
- 60g cheddar cheese
- Pinch of red chilli
- Handful of coriander (or to taste)
- Handful of cornflour
1. Cube and steam the sweet potato and butternut squash for 5 minutes. I know it’s lazy using pre cubed food, but in my defence it was a weekday and I had a long day at work! I cooked this as per the instructions by steaming for 5 minutes.
2. While the sweet potato and butternut squash is cooking, peel and grate two carrots.
3. Mash the four bean salad using the back of a fork or you can use a food blender.
4. Once cooked, add in the sweet potato and butternut squash and mash.
5. Mix in the cheese, carrots, red chilli and coriander.
6. The texture should feel dough like but still steady enough to be able to pat in to small fritters using your hands.
7. Coat in cornflour and shallow fry for a few minutes on each side until browned.
Plate can be purchased Here (available in three different colours).
For more information about our vegetarian weaning journey, click here.
Disclaimer: as when trying any new foods with your baby that you may be unsure about, please check with your health visitor first.