This recipe is one of my all time favourites because of its simplicity. It works on the flavours of its natural ingredients and isn’t doused in excessive herbs or spices. It’s also perfect for baby led weaning. Arjun absolutely loved these!
Time taken: 20 minutes
Makes: 12 mini pies
- A generous handful of spinach
- 5cm piece of leek
- 2 medium sized potatoes
- 40g cheddar cheese
- 2 mushrooms
- 2 small broccoli sprig
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 sheet of Jus Roll Puff Pastry
2. Cube the mushrooms and chop the broccoli, spinach and leek in to fine piece. Once the potatoes are ready. Mix in with the potatoes and also mix in the cheese.
3. Roll out the pastry a little thinner and use a cookie cutter based on the size of your mini muffin tray to line the bases. If you are using a non silicone baking tray, then grease the baking tray beforehand.
4. Place a spoonful of filing in to each lined base.
5. Use a cookie cutter to cut a smaller circle for the lids of the pies and cover each mini pie. Using the back of a fork, seal the edges of each pie shut. Place a criss cross using the fork in each pie.
Serving suggestion: with mashed potato, peas, stuffing and gravy
Plate can be purchased Here (available in three different colours).
For more information about our vegetarian weaning journey, click here.
Disclaimer: as when trying any new foods with your baby that you may be unsure about, please check with your health visitor first.