I can’t believe it’s already been a month since Arjun’s first birthday! You can see details of how we celebrated at his jungle themed party here.
Wasn’t sure whether to continue with my monthly updates now that Arjun has turned one but then I thought I’d do it for selfish reasons at least – as a journal/memoir as that was the whole purpose of my blog! So here goes…
This month has seen so many changes in him. He’s suddenly becoming a proper little person. It’s been one of my favourite months as I feel like we’re able to have a lot more fun as his huge personality is shining through now more than ever. I’m really looking forward to when he’s walking and talking now too. I think once he’s talking, it’ll be a lot easier to understand what his frustrations are or what he wants.
This has by far been one of my favourite months with him. He’s become so independent but also his character is shining through brighter than ever!
We spent the day as a family by going for brunch at Chiquitos, doing a little shopping then coming home and spending quality family time together. We played with mega blocks and got arty too!
Here’s an update of Arjun’s 13th month in this world!:
- He’s taken his first steps this month
- He doesn’t like the cushions on our sofas so we spend most of our day playing chase where he’s taking them down and I’m following putting them back up (that’s my OCD kicking in!)
- He’s always pretending to be on the phone and has called his dadi Ji and his Goov Masi by accident (from the phone book!)
- He likes to make himself busy by being “helpful” and rearranging everything! (video)
- He started nursery and is now more settled
- He loves playing the tabla or any musical instrument for that matter
- Tries to put himself to sleep if tired by pulling down a cushion or a comforter and resting his head
- He now needs a comforter at nursery be it a brick or a blanket
- He’s taught himself to climb down off the sofa and bed with no help
- Had his first edible sensory experience
- He likes to blow raspberries on my tummy!
- He still loves playing peekaboo
- Likes playing hide and seek
- Sleeping through the night the last few nights (I bet I’ve jinxed that!)
- Loves bananas
- Loves playing with sand and water and mega blocks
- Loves being outdoors
- Likes to play with other children